Kdenlive 0.9.2 crashes on "Add Clip" for .mp3 and .mp4 [SOLVED]

Greetings!

I was excited about the newest version release, but I can't make it work! I have the following configuration:

· Ubuntu 12.04
· Kdenlive 0.9.2-0ubuntu0~sunab~precise2
· MLT version 0.8.0

Config Wizard says that it's all well!

When I add a .mp3 clip I get this error:
[mp3 @ 0xb5810220] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb5810220] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb5815120] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb5815120] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb583b660] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb583b660] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb583bc20] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb583bc20] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xa366360] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xa366360] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xa5d4e00] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xa5d4e00] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xa5cea80] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xa5cea80] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xa5d38c0] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xa5d38c0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb585d420] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb585d420] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb588af40] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb588af40] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb588fcc0] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb588fcc0] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
[mp3 @ 0xb5890660] max_analyze_duration reached
[mp3 @ 0xb5890660] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
kdenlive: symbol lookup error: kdenlive: undefined symbol: _ZN3Mlt5Frame12get_positionEv

When I add a .mp4 clip I get this error:
kdenlive: symbol lookup error: kdenlive: undefined symbol: _ZN3Mlt5Frame12get_positionEv

When I add an image file it works well!

From http://www.kdenlive.org/user-manual/downloading-and-installing-kdenlive/... it says that:
>> The recommended version of Kdenlive is 0.9 and MLT 0.7.8 I tried, but can't downgrade MLT from 0.8.0 to 0.7.8 - should I?

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thank you!
VasilK

And here is some additional information that might help:

sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep mlt
libmlt++3 install
libmlt-data install
libmlt2 deinstall
libmlt3 deinstall
libmlt4 deinstall
libmlt5 install

ls -la /usr/lib/libmlt*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Dec 25 2011 /usr/lib/libmlt.so -> libmlt.so.0.7.7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Dec 25 2011 /usr/lib/libmlt++.so -> libmlt++.so.0.7.7
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 161360 Jun 3 03:59 /usr/lib/libmlt.so.0.8.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 108908 Jun 3 03:59 /usr/lib/libmlt++.so.0.8.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Jun 3 03:59 /usr/lib/libmlt++.so.3 -> libmlt++.so.0.8.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Jun 3 03:59 /usr/lib/libmlt.so.5 -> libmlt.so.0.8.0

ls -la /usr/local/lib/libmlt*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Dec 25 2011 /usr/local/lib/libmlt.so -> libmlt.so.0.7.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Dec 25 2011 /usr/local/lib/libmlt++.so -> libmlt++.so.0.7.6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 447351 Dec 25 2011 /usr/local/lib/libmlt.so.0.7.6
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 150810 Dec 25 2011 /usr/local/lib/libmlt++.so.0.7.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Dec 25 2011 /usr/local/lib/libmlt++.so.3 -> libmlt++.so.0.7.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Dec 25 2011 /usr/local/lib/libmlt.so.4 -> libmlt.so.0.7.6

melt color:red
Opens red window

This is what I get in a terminal (bearing in mind I am using a later version than you):-

ls -la /usr/lib/libmlt*

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 154120 Aug 29 17:04 /usr/lib/libmlt.so.0.8.2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 118816 Aug 29 17:04 /usr/lib/libmlt++.so.0.8.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Aug 29 17:04 /usr/lib/libmlt++.so.3 -> libmlt++.so.0.8.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Aug 29 17:04 /usr/lib/libmlt.so.5 -> libmlt.so.0.8.2

ls -la /usr/local/lib/libmlt*

ls: cannot access /usr/local/lib/libmlt*: No such file or directory

You seem to have mixed versions of mlt installed. If that was me, I would just remove kdenlive and all of that lot, update and reinstall.

But that's just me. :-)

It's solved!

I've reinstalled kdenlive and melt few times before, but this time I've deleted all the old versions of /usr/lib/libmlt*

Now it works well... for the "Add Clip" part. Will test later to see the effects and the rendering.

Thanks!
Vasil

Pages