So recently i upgraded to 0.9.5 to solve the problems that kdenlive has with crashes and corrupting the project file.
Now it has made kdenlive become unstable while playing back the project, the playback gets jerkier than it was in previous versions. The main problem is that sometimes the gui can become unresponsive. If you hit pause, it can sometimes take a while to actually stop playback.
Also the playback marker does not move smoothly anymore, it jumps in large amounts instead of mooving normally, and this is a majour problem when you are wanting to line clips in time with the beat changes in music. this was easily done in previous versions as when you hit stop rarely did it take any noticable time to actually stop. this makes trying to line clips up impossible.
i just started a new prokect which only had an mp3 track, and a couple of pictures, this should have bene an easy task for kdenlive, but again stopping playback is troublesome and lining simple pictures up to the beat changes in the music impossible.
I also noticed that kdenlive is using 1.5gb memory without any actually video clips loaded. just a 3 minute song and 5 pictures.
I read somewhere else here that another user had a similar problem and was suggested to build from git using scripts.
but the kdenlive script returns
./build-kdenlive.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
so ive went from kdenlive that would frequently corrupt the project file to one that is almost unusuable.