|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-07-24 04:58 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001013||Kdenlive||File Loading||public||2009-07-07 00:10||2010-08-03 01:02|
|Status||closed||Resolution||no change required|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Description||Add a new sequences|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Sorry, this does not help us in _any_ kind. Please read this document:
You'll help everyone by
* Trying to reproduce the bug. This is the most important thing. If you cannot reproduce it, it may be impossible to find something. We don't even know whether it was kdenlive or whether your RAM is faulty or alike. If you _can_ reproduce it, it will be easy for us to locate the bug in the source code and fix it. If you're ...
* Giving us a good description. This is also very important. I don't even understand what you mean by «add a new sequences». Be as accurate as possible. When did it crash exactly? Like: You're resizing a clip and it crashes. When? Already when dragging the left border? Or when releasing the mouse button?
* Giving us a sample file: If you encounter problems with a certain file but not with others, upload it somewhere.
* Running kdenlive from within a shell so that you can see stack traces (debug output) of kdenlive. You may then post it here, it can show us at which position in the source code the error occured.
* Not forgetting details, also if they seem to be unimportant (was an effect attached to the resized clip, which one? ...).
This will allow us to fix bugs/crashes.
_We_ do _not_ have the time to try everything to reproduce a bug report that is not understandable. You hardly want us to waste time on such useless crap (because usually there won't be any results) but make kdenlive better, don't you? And also keep in mind: There are thousands of users, but very few kdenlive developers. If every user would spend perhaps half an hour on examining his crash to write a good bug report, this saves the devs WEEKS of work!
I think it is only fair to spend a little more time on filing a good bug report. It will even save you time because we're able to patch the bug faster.
|closing, lack of response.|
|2009-07-07 00:10||mikki68||New Issue|
|2009-07-07 11:08||Granjow||Note Added: 0003607|
|2009-07-07 11:09||Granjow||Status||new => feedback|
|2010-08-03 01:02||ttill||Note Added: 0005453|
|2010-08-03 01:02||ttill||Build/Install Method||=> (select)|
|2010-08-03 01:02||ttill||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2010-08-03 01:02||ttill||Resolution||open => no change required|
|2010-08-03 01:02||ttill||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|