Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0001417KdenliveMLTpublic2010-02-03 16:142010-02-20 08:16
ReporterCellculture 
Assigned Toj-b-m 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionno change required 
Platform64 bitOSGentoo LinuxOS Version2008.0
Product VersionRecent git 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0001417: Blank output from Title Clips and png rendered to video
DescriptionRendering tile clips and png files inserted into the video stream produces a blank video output. This used to work fine, but broke when I swapped to head on MLT to avoid the interlacing bug described here:
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1335 [^]

The interlacing bug is indeed fixed, the video in my project now renders correctly but I now get a black screen for the duration of any title page or png in the project. I tried replacing the project clip with a png image, and got the same result - blank again through the title sections and fine in the video sections.

I tried swapping to svn of kdenlive but this shows exactly the same problem.

Strangely the title page and png images show fine in the preview window.

Steps To ReproduceTo reproduce just create a project containing only a title clip, and render to lossless FFV1 lossless (video) + FLAC (sound) and play with mplayer.
Various other rendering targets I tried were blank too.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodManual build from SVN
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0004619)
j-b-m (administrator)
2010-02-03 20:11

Works fine here. Can you try the following: open a blank document, add a simple title, render. Does the problem still happen?

Maybe there is something wrong with your new MLT install, for example the qimage / kdenlivetitle producer may be missing, or your old MLT install is still there in another place. Try removing all files installed by MLT, then reconfigure and reinstall MLT.
(0004621)
Cellculture (reporter)
2010-02-03 21:34

I tried the new document with just a title before reporting the bug, and did get the blank output. However trying again just now on a second machine I find its working correctly with the latest mlt from git. So there must be something goofy about the setup of the first machine. I will try and work out what that is and report back here if I can figure it out.

In the mean time, lets close this issue or mark it invalid. Sorry for wasting your time.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2010-02-03 16:14 Cellculture New Issue
2010-02-03 20:11 j-b-m Note Added: 0004619
2010-02-03 20:11 j-b-m Status new => feedback
2010-02-03 21:34 Cellculture Note Added: 0004621
2010-02-03 21:34 Cellculture Status feedback => new
2010-02-07 15:54 j-b-m Status new => resolved
2010-02-07 15:54 j-b-m Resolution open => no change required
2010-02-07 15:54 j-b-m Assigned To => j-b-m
2010-02-20 08:16 j-b-m Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker