Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002078KdenliveUser Interfacepublic2011-03-27 00:072011-11-01 18:56
Reporteralphazo 
Assigned ToGranjow 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionno change required 
PlatformOSArchlinux 64-bitOS Versioncurrent
Product VersionRecent git 
Target VersionFixed in Version0.8.2 
Summary0002078: High memory leak
DescriptionI'm running latest SVN (5522). I created a new HD720p/25fps project with Proxy enabled. After importing a bunch of clips, all the proxy clips were generated. Then when dragging the clip on the timline then memory usage started to grow and couldn't stop. The clip was one minute long, no fancy effect applied. It went from a couple of hundred MBs to 6GB (4GB RAM + 2GB SWAP). Disk couldn't stop spinning because of the use of the swap. I had to do to a hard reboot.

Has any memory leak been reported lately?
Additional InformationIs there any debug file I can provide for analysis?
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodManual build from SVN
Attached Files

- Relationships
related to 0002082new Segfault when loading project 

-  Notes
(0006633)
Granjow (developer)
2011-03-27 10:18

http://www.linuxpronews.com/linuxpronews-55-20050510MagicSysrq.html [^]
Very useful in such cases ;)

I had memory problems as well on my Laptop, but I've got 2 GB RAM only there.
The used memory just increased without you doing anything, after dragging it to the timeline?
(0006634)
alphazo (reporter)
2011-03-28 21:55

That is correct problems occur when the clip has been pasted to the timeline.

What kind of trace can I provide considering that Kkdenlive doesn't officially crash (the whole system goes down)?
(0006636)
Granjow (developer)
2011-03-29 10:22

Can you please test whether this happens with all clips? I could not reproduce this with any here.

Could you perhaps upload a sample project where you get this error? (So I can test with the same file, same proxy settings, etc.)
(0006637)
alphazo (reporter)
2011-03-31 00:10

One thing I forgot to mention is this happens on a HD720p project (default setting) on which I use HD1080p clips with proxy enabled. Could that be the problem?
Project can be found here: https://natzo.com/leaktest.zip [^]
Timeline contains only one clip. Memory leak happens when setting the cursor in the middle of the clip and by playing it. When it comes near to the end it stops (and cannot reach the end) and then memory usage goes crazy. Could that be related to fps (25p vs 50p) ?
(0006640)
alphazo (reporter)
2011-04-01 18:17

I moved to SVN 5528 but same story.
Has anyone been able to reproduce this issue using the test project mentioned above?
Thanks
Alphazo
(0006643)
alphazo (reporter)
2011-04-03 14:55

This is not related to clip size (HD1080 vs HD720) but rather framerate. I can get the same kind of crash/high memory usage by creating a HD720p/25fps project and by pasting a single HD720p/50fps clip to the timeline. If I set the cursor in the middle of the clip and hit play, it would play then near to the end would stop and goes crazy with memory.
(0006644)
Granjow (developer)
2011-04-05 08:14

I cannot reproduce this here. I created a new 720/25p project, added the clip from the zip above, put it in the timeline, and played from the middle of the clip. Memory did rise a little bit (20 MB perhaps). Then I generated a proxy clip with the default settings, added it to the timeline, and played it. Still: Nothing.

Are you perhaps using an older ffmpeg version? (Did you try the build script? http://www.mltframework.org/twiki/bin/view/MLT/BuildScripts [^])
(0006645)
alphazo (reporter)
2011-04-05 09:50

Thanks Granjow for pointing out ffmpeg. I was using a rather "old" :
- mlt-git 20110213-1
- ffmpeg-mt-git 20110303-1

Switched to the following version and everything works fine:
- mlt-git-20110405-1
- ffmpeg-mt-git-20110405

Ticket can be closed.
(0006646)
Granjow (developer)
2011-04-05 09:57

:D
Great!

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-03-27 00:07 alphazo New Issue
2011-03-27 10:18 Granjow Note Added: 0006633
2011-03-28 21:55 alphazo Note Added: 0006634
2011-03-29 10:22 Granjow Note Added: 0006636
2011-03-31 00:10 alphazo Note Added: 0006637
2011-04-01 18:17 alphazo Note Added: 0006640
2011-04-02 08:22 Granjow Relationship added related to 0002082
2011-04-03 14:55 alphazo Note Added: 0006643
2011-04-05 08:14 Granjow Note Added: 0006644
2011-04-05 09:50 alphazo Note Added: 0006645
2011-04-05 09:57 Granjow Note Added: 0006646
2011-04-05 09:57 Granjow Status new => resolved
2011-04-05 09:57 Granjow Resolution open => no change required
2011-04-05 09:57 Granjow Assigned To => Granjow
2011-07-05 12:15 j-b-m Fixed in Version => 0.8.2
2011-11-01 18:56 j-b-m Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker