Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002795KdenliveRenderingpublic2012-10-21 13:312013-01-28 19:51
ReporterDavePhillips 
Assigned Toddennedy 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformLinuxOSAVLinuxOS VersionDebian Squeeze
Product VersionRecent git 
Target VersionFixed in Version0.9.4 
Summary0002795: rendered sound is broken
DescriptionRendering to H264 lossless/HQ (MP4) the resulting audio is terribly butchered. That is the correct description, i.e. the audio is chopped up and discontinuous. The original input file was a 32-bit floats WAV, which is a format I've used before in Kdenlive without problems.
Steps To ReproduceSee above.
Additional InformationI'm using a binary compiled from the build script. The problem appears to be present in builds from at least 10/07. I built and tested yesterday's repos, got the same problem.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodBuild Script
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0008527)
j-b-m (administrator)
2012-10-21 13:50

I also have this problem, related to MLT.

I can reproduce with the following command (using several clips):
melt 1.mov out=100 -consumer avformat:test.mp4 acodec=aac

However, the sound works when doing:
melt 1.mov out=100 -consumer avformat:test.mp4

Which is strange since encoding is done with aac codec in both cases...
Forwarding the problem to MLT's mailing list

(0008528)
DavePhillips (reporter)
2012-10-21 19:59

I removed the acodec=aac line from the rendering script, but the rendered video simply had no sound at all. I also rendered to Huffyuv/lossless with no corrupted audio in the resulting video.
(0008532)
j-b-m (administrator)
2012-10-22 10:19

Dan found the problem, it is caused by a recent change to FFmpeg that will require work on the MLT side.

Workaround is to use FFmpeg version older than 6th of october 2012 or use libav, as explained by Dan:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=29995457 [^]
(0008536)
ddennedy (developer)
2012-10-23 03:27

Fixed in MLT git commit 9a0eceb.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2012-10-21 13:31 DavePhillips New Issue
2012-10-21 13:50 j-b-m Note Added: 0008527
2012-10-21 13:50 j-b-m Assigned To => j-b-m
2012-10-21 13:50 j-b-m Status new => acknowledged
2012-10-21 19:59 DavePhillips Note Added: 0008528
2012-10-22 10:19 j-b-m Note Added: 0008532
2012-10-23 03:27 ddennedy Assigned To j-b-m => ddennedy
2012-10-23 03:27 ddennedy Status acknowledged => assigned
2012-10-23 03:27 ddennedy Note Added: 0008536
2012-10-23 03:27 ddennedy Status assigned => resolved
2012-10-23 03:27 ddennedy Resolution open => fixed
2013-01-28 19:49 j-b-m Fixed in Version => 0.9.4
2013-01-28 19:51 j-b-m Status resolved => closed


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker