Kdenlive   bug tracker Home page

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0003224KdenliveUser Interfacepublic2014-02-18 09:522014-03-25 22:46
Reporternotbuu 
Assigned To 
PriorityhighSeveritycrashReproducibilityalways
StatusresolvedResolutionno change required 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version0.9.6 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0003224: Latest kdenlive build from build script crashes
DescriptionI've installed the latest kdenlive version through the build script process. The build was successfull. If I add a video (mp4, mkv, ...), an audio (mp3,...) to the timeline and I press the play button in the monitor view, kdenlive stops responing and never comes back. I have also tried different MLT version and so on. No idea how to get it run.
Steps To ReproduceSee description.
Additional Informationgdb output crash report provided.
TagsNo tags attached.
Build/Install MethodBuild Script
Attached Filestxt file icon start-kdenlive.gdb.output.RFCRlcGJ.txt [^] (17,537 bytes) 2014-02-18 09:52 [Show Content]

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0009722)
notbuu (reporter)
2014-02-18 18:28
edited on: 2014-02-18 18:29

Additional information:

I also build kdenlive from build script on Arch Linux. There nearly the same problem occurs. If I add a mp3 file and press play, KDE crashes completley and drop me out to the KDM login screen.

I checked a few forums and maybe I guess I can narrow the problem down to melt. If I start melt with > melt noise: < I immediatly get a black screen and I am back at the KDM login.

If I do the same on Kubuntu I see the white noise screen, but the performace is extreme bad with the result, that I can only press the power button.

Any ideas?

(0009723)
notbuu (reporter)
2014-02-18 19:26

I tracked the bug down. I'am sorry that I've posted to kdenlive bug tracker, kdenlive and mlt are not the troublemakers. I've piped the output from the melt crash to a logfile. There I saw the message XIO: fatal IO error 11. After further research I got the issue tracked down to Xorg 1.15 in combination with AMD Catalyst driver 14.1. Through Arch i was able to downgrade to Xorg 1.13 and Catalyst 13.x. Now everything works as expected. Please apologize my report :)

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2014-02-18 09:52 notbuu New Issue
2014-02-18 09:52 notbuu File Added: start-kdenlive.gdb.output.RFCRlcGJ.txt
2014-02-18 18:28 notbuu Note Added: 0009722
2014-02-18 18:29 notbuu Note Edited: 0009722 View Revisions
2014-02-18 19:26 notbuu Note Added: 0009723
2014-03-25 22:46 Sesse Status new => resolved
2014-03-25 22:46 Sesse Resolution open => no change required


Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker