|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-07-25 20:43 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000596||Kdenlive||User Interface||public||2009-01-23 09:13||2009-07-01 21:55|
|Product Version||Recent git|
|Target Version||0.7.5||Fixed in Version||0.7.5|
|Summary||0000596: Allow to enter unicode characters|
|Description||Especially for the Text Clip text tool a feature to enter Unicode would be very useful. |
GTK (afaik -> Firefox and Co.) handles it that way: Shift-Ctrl-U enters the Unicode mode, then pressing [0-9a-f] builds the Unicode number. Example: Shift-Ctrl-U 2026 will display _u2026_ (underlined). Any other key closes the Unicode mode and _u2026_ will be replaced by the character (here the ellipsis, …).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||Manual build from SVN|
I've added Unicode insert support in r3552.
Please test if you feel like and tell me if there is something I can improve.
|as far as i can tell, works fine for me!|
Did you see the additional information about characters? I bet there is a better solution for that. Adding everything in a .cpp file sucks. What could I use to keep it translatable?
no i didn't, i thought it was automatically read by decodeunicode.org (better not, even if possible, because kdenlive is not meant to work on the net)
well, the only other way i know to add translatable strings is to add them in the ui, and then show/hide them as needed. i don't know which is the better option
- the dialog is too big, i would reduce it both in width and height
- would be nice to hide or fill with a replacement text, the two lines containing the char, when no char is selected
- when no description is available, a replacement text (something like "No description available") would be nice, just to fill that empty space
- do qt libs have some way to return the character name (something like the titles of the chars pages on decodeunicode.org)? it would be useful to know what i'm inserting
- in the future, what about a list of characters? ok, ok, there are thousands of them. then why not a list of, say, 11 characters: the one i selected and the five before/after it?
they're all suggestions ;)
Show/hide would be uncool. How should I know which labels exist and which ones don't, and if I forget to hide one … So I'll stay this way for the moment.
* Height reduced. Width not :P And I won't.
* Hide vertical bars is not possible. Instead I'm displaying an info text below.
* Replacement text: Also there now.
* Qt libs don't provide much information. But I just found something.
* List of characters? No. Not in the future :)
Thanks for your suggestions!
* I've additionally added buttons for the prev/next character; Arrow keys (up/down) can control them too.
about the list:
- it's displaying 4 chars on the left and 8 on the right of the selected char. is this a wanted behaviour (this is not a critique, i just want you to be aware of that)?
- when clearing the text field by selecting the text and pressing <DEL>, the list isn't reset
* 4|1|8: Yes, this is wanted. I thought of changing it on the fly when scrolling downwards so that you have 5|1|7 until 8|1|4. At the moment it is especially for scrolling upwards through the characters.
|r3588: List is being reset|
|r3603: Remembering last unicode (only if you clicked OK in the title widget!)|
|then you can save and read it in the unicode dialog, just do as title widget does (save when ok is clicked)|
|r3606: Arrows changed. Arrow down now selects the next unicode. Seems to be more intuitive for me.|
edited on: 2009-06-20 17:13
yes, it's ok now!
fixed in rev. 3606
|2009-01-23 09:13||Granjow||New Issue|
|2009-01-23 09:13||Granjow||Build/Install Method||=> Manual build from SVN|
|2009-06-16 15:42||Granjow||Status||new => assigned|
|2009-06-16 15:42||Granjow||Assigned To||=> Granjow|
|2009-06-16 21:25||Granjow||Note Added: 0003238|
|2009-06-16 21:25||Granjow||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2009-06-18 10:46||xzhayon||Note Added: 0003286|
|2009-06-18 11:22||Granjow||Note Added: 0003288|
|2009-06-18 11:47||xzhayon||Note Added: 0003289|
|2009-06-18 17:46||Granjow||Note Added: 0003292|
|2009-06-19 02:13||xzhayon||Target Version||=> future version|
|2009-06-19 02:22||xzhayon||Note Added: 0003301|
|2009-06-19 08:50||Granjow||Note Added: 0003307|
|2009-06-19 09:21||Granjow||Note Added: 0003309|
|2009-06-20 13:50||Granjow||Note Added: 0003343|
|2009-06-20 15:16||xzhayon||Note Added: 0003345|
|2009-06-20 16:34||Granjow||Note Added: 0003348|
|2009-06-20 17:11||Granjow||Note Added: 0003349|
|2009-06-20 17:12||xzhayon||Note Added: 0003350|
|2009-06-20 17:12||xzhayon||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2009-06-20 17:12||xzhayon||Fixed in Version||=> Recent git|
|2009-06-20 17:12||xzhayon||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2009-06-20 17:13||xzhayon||Note Edited: 0003350|
|2009-06-26 21:01||administrator||Fixed in Version||Recent git => 0.7.5|
|2009-06-26 21:07||administrator||Fixed in Version||0.7.5 => Recent git|
|2009-06-26 21:07||administrator||Target Version||future version => 0.7.5|
|2009-07-01 20:02||j-b-m||Fixed in Version||Recent git => 0.7.5|
|2009-07-01 21:55||xzhayon||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|