|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-07-31 22:04 CEST|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000627||Kdenlive||Rendering||public||2009-01-29 22:07||2010-08-12 13:39|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Platform||32 bit intel and alike||OS||Ubuntu Linux||OS Version||8.10|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0000627: Feature requests|
|Description||jmpoure asked me to do some feature requests here. I am a videographer with quite some experience in video editing, so here's my take of what's needed to make KDEnLive useful in the *basic* level. Without these features, it wouldn't be a useful tool to me.|
1. Support mixing different frame rate videos in the same timeline, with the ability to disable resampling -- so we can avoid ghosting that's by default created when you drop a different fps clip in a timeline.
2. Have some sort of fast/slow motion control that is measurable. For example, if I want to speed up my footage by 1.353 times exactly, I should be able to do it.
3. Be able to cut audio and video, group/ungroup different clips, and unlink audio from video so I can edit them separately.
4. Able to "see" the timeline/track/clips in a 3D view, so I can pan, crop, zoom, change shape, aspect ratios, etc.
5. Multiple color plugins, pretty much the whole range of the Sony Vegas plugins are needed -- because are the most basic ones. Using only what fre0r wants to develop is useless, because he creates useless plugins for the most part. He creates whatever looks cool, not whatever is needed for basic, but serious, video editing.
6. Secondary monitor support for previewing the video in 1:1 size. I have two 1920x1080 monitors here, secondary monitors, I want to see the preview of my video in fullscreen in these second monitors, so I can make better educated guesses in regards to the video editing or color grading that should take place.
7. Export abilities in the way I show here: http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/10/18/kdenlive-mockups/ [^] This is a must have.
8. AVCHD 5.1 editing, and AVCHD disk creation (meaning, HD on plain DVD disks that playback on most Blu-Ray players).
In my opinion, these are a must have features until v1.0. For v2.0 keyframing for both the timeline/plugins/pan/crop/etc screens is needed, compositing, undersampling (e.g. show me every other frame), pulldown removals, etc, are needed.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Build/Install Method||3rd party package|
Thanks for filing this requests. :)
Could you please open a separate one for every feature? That will allow us to discuss the features separately, assign them to developers, change the status etc. :)
|Ok, I made different entries for each. Thanks.|
|Cool, thanks :)|
|reclassifying as feature request|
|Acknowledging report (although it could be closed because all the child reports have been created...)|
|2009-01-29 22:07||Eugenia||New Issue|
|2009-01-29 22:07||Eugenia||Build/Install Method||=> 3rd party package|
|2009-01-30 08:11||Granjow||Note Added: 0002291|
|2009-01-30 09:36||Eugenia||Note Added: 0002294|
|2009-01-30 10:40||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000629|
|2009-01-30 10:40||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000630|
|2009-01-30 10:40||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000631|
|2009-01-30 10:40||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000632|
|2009-01-30 10:41||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000633|
|2009-01-30 10:41||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000634|
|2009-01-30 10:41||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000635|
|2009-01-30 10:41||Granjow||Relationship added||parent of 0000636|
|2009-01-30 10:41||Granjow||Note Added: 0002295|
|2009-06-03 07:45||ddennedy||Note Added: 0003071|
|2009-06-03 07:45||ddennedy||Severity||major => feature|
|2010-08-12 13:39||LeHomard||Note Added: 0005596|
|2010-08-12 13:39||LeHomard||Status||new => acknowledged|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team|