Hi all, I created this daft special effect in order to demonstrate the my children how special effects work in movies, and why they can't believe everything they see on TV. Compositing, "animation" (such as it is), and colour correction were all done in Kdenlive and audio all from freesound.org imported directly using the online resources facility. The sparkles themselves were created in GIMP and then saved as PNG files with transparency.
I made this video with kdenlive 0.8.2.1 for my family as they always complain that I'm hardly on photos (being the photographer most of the time) and never on video.
So I decided to use the rotoscopy effect (clone effect) in Kdenlive.
After about 3 weeks I decided to subtitle it (actually supertitle it), as the video is in Dutch, and put it on Youtube and here in the Theatre.
I had forgotten to add some credits and a copyright notice at the end of the clip, so I created those separately and used the Bash "cat" command to concatenate the files after i was done (rendering of the 24 minute clip took 2'30", so I didn't want to run it again).
Guys, thank you so much for the hard work and development into kdenlive and especially for releasing it open source.
Last weekend I was in Sweden with friends and on Saturday night we went to a party. Half way through the evening I decided to start filming random things with the vague idea of somehow patching all the scenes together and popping it on youtube so everyone could see. I got home a few days ago and trawled the net for software and found kdenlive. It took me while to get it to run (I ended up using the build scripts) and here's my first ever attempt at production.